Wednesday, August 22, 2012

New and Wonderful Changes!


    Here's our growing BABY BOY! Oh, I can't even express how happy this baby already makes me!!  So far it's been an great  pregnancy.  We found out we were having a boy just a few weeks after moving to Omaha and I am so excited.  He's looking healthy and growing great!  


     I've felt great too…I really lucked out with not getting sick. The only noticeable changes in the beginning were crazy skin changes(my face pretty much starting peeling off). My first initial due date was November 30th, but my doctor here in Omaha has actually moved me up to November 17th!  Geoff and I are so excited to be parents and can't believe this little baby is already well on his way. The past month has been so fun as I've started to feel kicks and movements.  I love it SO much.Geoff and I have started getting nursery things together, that's been so fun.  I feel like time is flying and can't believe that in just a few short months that nursery will be in full fledged use! I can't wait to see that baby. He's already such a part of our little family and we love him and can't wait for his arrival! 


    So far life in Omaha is great.  We love the area we're located in, and are amazed at how friendly everyone is around here.  My parents were so awesome to help us move out. We could not have done it without them.  After our moving truck  broke down on the side of the freeway for the SECOND time, I was fearing the worst.  Just the thought of having to unpack ALL of our stuff and re-load it into a new  truck was unbearable. We waited (or should I say the boys waited) on the side of the  freeway for almost an hour in a half for a Penske mechanic run some tests of the truck so see what was going wrong. His diagnostic computer test showed that nothing was wrong with the truck.  He fiddled with some plugs and sensors and told us he'd follow us to the next exit. After making it fine all the way to the next exit,  the mechanic sent us on our way--and I was sure we'd be broken down another 20 miles down the highway. Miraculously, we did not break down the rest of the way to Omaha.  Major miracle!  Geoff and I had a week to get the house in order, and to explore the area a little before he had to start up at Creighton.   So far, Creighton is great! Geoff is  really liking it, and doing SO well.  Here's home! 
             View outside our front door 

                    Living room
                     Kitchen



                                   Upstairs hallway...baby's nursery will be off to the right :)  



    I have basically taken zero pictures for the whole spring season, way sad.  We did go on a way fun trip with our friends, the Faddis's-- We went down to St. George and Vegas. We hiked, and shopped, and played  games, it was a blast.  But mostly, this spring  seemed to be  really busy with work, school, packing, and being wrapped in the thought of our little baby on the way!! We did get to spend lots of time with family before the big move too, which was great.  We miss them all so much but have lots to write on about our fun trip out to Utah. I can't believe that has already come and gone! More to come! :)  




1 comment:

  1. That is so fun that you guys are having a little baby boy! Your house looks great! Glad you guys are having a good experience out in Omaha. You are so brave to move away! I'm hoping Andy gets into law school here so I don't have to haha.

    ReplyDelete