Thursday, October 6, 2011

2 Months!!



Welcome Fall! Stay for a while, pleease.

September flew by, I can't believe we are already through the first week of October, just about. As of today, Geoff and I have been married for two whole months!!! Yes, time flies! It has absolutely been the BEST two months. While I finished up studying for my nursing boards, Geoff only begins his study of dentistry. He's a very dedicated studier-- WAY better than I was or ever will be. But in the midst of all the study, study business-- we are having so much fun together. Just living in the same house, let alone, is awesome.

Here are some recent highlights:

-Geoff and I got to the BYU v. Utah game (Thanks to Geoff's kind parents)


- I passed my NCLEX-RN exam



- The night before my boards, Geoff took me out to sushi.

-General Conference

- Hung out with my mom while the boys were at Preisthood Session. We had sushi :)

- Went on a fun double date with some good friends, Brooke and Andy.

- Found out that Marshalls opened in Farmington


-Curled up with beautiful quilts we got as wedding gifts






- Made some yummy pizza



- I started my job hunt


- Geoff did really great on his first round of dental exams




The only "con" I can really think of right now is that Geoff discovered a cockroach in our apartment.
Did you just get the shivvers, too?
Geoff got up in the middle of the night to get someting from the kitchen, maybe a glass of water or something.... I kind of heard him get out of bed so I was somewhat awake. Anyway, moments after he got out of bed I hear this girly scream followed by all sorts of ruckus coming from the kitchen. I call out, "Is everything okay!?"
Then, I see Geoff racing down the hallway holding a paper grocery bag an arms length away from his body, followed by a flush.I couldn't help be totally disguested, but it was kinda funny.

Ope, Here's Geoff now!

To preserve my manhood, I feel like a must clarify.... This is what really happened:
So yes, I got out of bed in the middle of the night for a drink of water (this is where the story changes). I walked into the kitchen, flipped on the light, and then stumbled across the kitchen to get to the sink. It was only then when I peripherally noticed this big black silver-dollar sized thing with freakishly long antennas motor its way across the kitchen floor right in front of my feet (they're crazy fast creatures). So yes, I might have let out an "uh!" But it was definitely more of a grunt than a "girly scream". But hey, who wouldn't let out some sort of noise during such a situation?

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on passing your NCLEX-RN exam! That's awesome! Clearly you guys are in total marital bliss, I can't believe your wedding was two months ago, time flies! Glad you guys are doing well. Geoff, I am sure that your girl scream was manly and a noise appropriate for 'such a situation'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay on your two months! It's so fun and time flies. I can't believe it's already been almost 15 months for us. What the heck?! haha. So gross about the cockroach! I can't even handle spiders so I don't blame Geoff. You are inspiring me to use my blog. I have one with only one post on it. So lame! Glad we were able to get together with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to find this! Sounds like you are doing so great. And on cockroaches - any kind of noise is acceptable! ;-) YUCK! We've been there before too.

    Congratulations on passing the NCLEX. Awesome! Good for you.
    Love, Kathy Hardester

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You guys have a blog! I'm so glad Elle somehow navigated facebook to find it - I'm such a novice facebook user...anyway, congrats on the NCLEX (a month ago, I hear you have a job now!) and you get used to roaches. Houston's got them, too, nasty creatures. Keep your updates coming, you won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha. Geoff, no body would question your manhood over a disgusting cockroach! I wouldn't have had the guts to go after the beast, so good job.
    Hil, I have been so impressed with you. You have had this goal for such a long time and now you are there, sweetie. Great job! I'm glad you're loving your nursing career so far. Are you looking in Omaha for a new position?

    ReplyDelete